Sorcerer Lodge is located near the northern boundary of Glacier National Park, Canada (70 km NW of Golden, BC, 25 km N of Rogers Pass - Map reference 82N5, UTM Grid reference 513997). Elevation is 2050 meters (6750 feet), just below tree-line, and near Mt. Iconoclast at the headwaters of Ventego Creek in the Selkirk Mountains.
Sorcerer Lodge is a comfortable, rustic backcountry lodge with the following features:
- Sleeps 14 (in 4 separate rooms)
- Heated by wood stove.
- Solar powered with generator (early-season)
- Self-contained and fully-equipped kitchen,
- living/sitting room, sun room and dining area and a large deck outside is perfect for beer and a BBQ on sunny spring afternoons.
- Four separate bedrooms with a variety of sleeping arrangements - from a room with a double bed, to a room with bunks. The third floor is a funky loft area with two double rooms and two small semi-private rooms for people who might like their own space.
- Wood heated sauna, complete with changing room is in a separate building. There are two outhouses a short walk from the lodge. There are no showers at the lodge.
- No internet
Sorcerer Lodge sits high on a rocky perch at treeline above a small lake, at 6660 feet, (2030 meters) between two heavily glaciated valleys in the Selkirk Mountains. It is a magical, rugged area that will take your breath away. The backcountry skiing, mountaineering and snowboarding are challenging. There are several glaciated areas including the massive north facing Nordic Glacier that gathers the snow early and holds it till late spring (and throughout most of the summer too). Across Ventego Creek, Cheap Scotch basin provides south and southeast facing terrain with open bowls and some steep tree lines. Extensive tree skiing near the lodge ensures that you’ll get out even on the worst weather days.
Mt Iconoclast at 10,666 feet (3251 meters) dominates this area and is a ski mountaineering prize. There is also a selection of accessible peaks within shorter day tours of the lodge.
Cost includes helicopter transport from staging near Golden, accommodation, meals and guide service. Prices may change at any time.